Friday, August 7, 2009

MFAH x Latin America

Thursday (free day) I took my daughter to the latest exhibition North Looks South : Building the Latin American Art Collection at the MFA's Caroline Wiess Law building. Needless to say we both had a remarkable time admiring the legion of talented Latin artists from past to present in every medium. I found myself in awe standing in front of Frida Kahlo, and Xul Solar. My 21 month old expressed her amazement in one word "wow" and that's exactly what it is.

The youngins' will appreciate the installations from the different artists who use a wide range of media to communicate their art, and there's plenty of multimedia to go around. The best part of going to the exhibit with your children is that you are contributing the growth of aesthetic awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment